Queer Ally Workshop
THe Queer Ally Workshop provides an introductory foundational understanding of the LGBTQ+ community. This 3.5 hour workshop was created for participants to:
- Define and differentiate between assigned sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation/attraction(s), sexual behavior and sexual activity.
- Articulate privileges that you have that are not afforded to members of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Identify opportunities for influencing positive social change that affirms the LGBTQ+ community.
- Identify ways to positively support the LGBTQ+ community.
- Demonstrate continued learning and knowledge around how to be an ally for the LGBTQ+ communities.
The introductory work completed in this workshop assists participants with identifying challenges faced by the LGBTQ+ community, gain knowledge needed to be effective in the support of the LGBTQ+ community and those questioning their sexuality and gender identity, and raises awareness of the various LGBTQ+ resources on campus in the community. Our three and a half hour workshops. Workshops are offered to students, faculty and staff multiple times every semester. Department, program and/or organization can also request a workshop to further their journey with creating a welcoming and affirming environment for the LGBTQ+ community